Skip to main content

My Beloved Oreo, Beloved No More

I try to stay away from "junk food" these days, but ever so often I must indulge.  My favorite go to indulgence is always something chocolate.  Recently, when the craving hit, I grabbed a bag of my favorite, never fail, make me feel wonderful cookies....yes, I am talking about Oreos.  I always start with a tall glass of milk with a few ice cubes thrown in.  Then I open the bag and deeply inhale the dark chocolate aroma before selecting the first cookie.  However, this time, there was no dark chocolate smell at all.  I thought maybe my nose was too stuffed up from allergies.  But no, there was no dark chocolate smell.  Then I selected a cookie.  I always bite the first one before dunking the rest.  I bit into the Oreo and awaited the taste of chocolate and creamy goodness...there was none.  

Eating that cookie was the most horrible experience ever.  I then passed the bag to my kids.  They tried the cookies (they don't deserve the name Oreo) and didn't like them either.  For the first time in the history of our snacking, that bag sat on the table with no more than 3 cookies taken out.  Normally, they would have lasted 30 minutes once discovered.

I don't know what Nabisco did to my beloved Oreos, but I want them to undo it.  I understand that change can be good, but this change was just plain nasty.  When I go through our local market, I pass on all Nabisco products for fear that they have been contaminated with bad taste as well.  

I did go to the Nabisco Facebook page and complain, and was happy to discover I wasn't the only one that detected the change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSBP#8: The Big Reveal

Right to the good stuff..... Made with Rhonda's beaded bead, crystals, and agate rondelles. Made with Rhonda's (she made it) clasp and lampwork focal. Bracelet made with brown rainbow bugle beads supplied by Rhonda. Bracelet is based on a tutorial, Toskana by SeeBead .  I used Czech twins instead of tila or tile beads.  I didn't have enough tile beads so the twins made a wonderful substitution. Soup I started with. Thank you Lori for hosting a wonderful 8th swap and blog hop!  Thank you Rhonda for a most enjoyable soup!  To see other simmering soups and creations visit the BSBP blog for the list of participants (about 500)! Renetha

7th Bead Soup Blog Party: 1st Reveal!!!

Here is a pic of my final design for the 7th Bead Soup Blog Party , hosted by Lori Anderson of Pretty Things.  It was a lot of fun, and I still have about 50% of party goer blogs to visit. Last minute additions:  Working with leftover soup!  Bracelet made with gorgeous teal agates.  I love the clasp.  I didn't know it was a clasp until it stuck to some metal chain.  Investigating further, I found it was a magnetic clasp.  How cool is that?  Jayashree sent me a wonderful soup.  Believe it or not, I still have more soup!  Stay tuned for more. Now, what to do with the brass stampings..... Just added a few swarovski pearls and walla!  Dangle earrings! Now it is time for me to show off some of what I made with the bead soup from Jayashree Paramesh, Nchantme . The funny thing is, I am not done yet.  I have soup leftover.  I will post more, if I have time. Don't forget to stop by Jayashree's blog to see what she made with the soup I sent h

6th Bead Soup Blog Party, Part One

There were almost 400 participants signed up for this challenge, so Lori Anderson, Pretty Things, created 3 reveal dates.  The first party starts today, 28 July 2012!  I am so excited.  New blogs to visit and not enough hours to get to them all.  Be sure to stop by the blog of my Bead Soup Blog Party partner, Stacy Alderson .  I can't wait to see what she made with the bead soup I sent to her. Here is what I made with some of the ingredients from the bead soup I received from Stacy: The focal bead is so beautiful, that almost any color would work with it, so I used the jet picasso seed beads from the soup and some of my own seed beads in a champagne color. This was also my first attempt at making a spiral rope.  Here is a list of participants in today's reveal: Hostess, Lori Anderson, PrettyThingsBlog.com Alice Craddick, Alice's Beads and Baubles Alicia Marinache, All The Pretty Things Amanda Tibbetts, Amanda Made Amber Dawn Goldish, Inventive So