January 29, 2015

Pretty Palettes January: Marsala Inspired Jewelry

This month's challenge is to create a jewelry design using the Pantone color of the year:  Marsala.  This color reminds me of merlot or cabernet sauvignon wines.  Very rich.

The most challenging part of this challenge was the weather.  Everytime I wanted to go out and get beads, it was too cold, to wet, or to icy.  So I went to my stash and found a few Marsala beads from Halcraft:

I planned to make a wrap bracelet, but with school delays and closings, time just got away from me.  However, I did manage to finish two designs.

Bracelet made with 4mm and 10mm dark ruby red rounds and 2-hold sliders with rhinestones.


This necklace was made with some leftover chain, Czech dark siam drops, and crystals.


If I get the wrap bracelet finished, I will post it later.  I would like to thank Halcraft and  Erin Prais-Hintz for hosting the Pretty Pallettes challenges.  They are a lot of fun.  

Here is a link to other participants:  Marsala!

Our Pretty Palettes Inspiration for January :: Marsala