October 20, 2012

4TH DO OVER CHALLENGE REVEAL!

Jeannie of Jewelry by Jeannie posted a challenge for jewelry artists.  The challenge--receive one of Jeannie's jewelry designs (that she considers boring) and turn it into something amazing.  Easy?  Not.  Challenging?  Yes!  Here is the bracelet I received.
The first thing I noticed about the design is the clasp.  It is beautiful, but to large for something so light and airy as the 3mm rondelles and size 11 seed beads.  I thought about making one of Thea's famous jump ring bracelet or something using a lampwork bead from Beads By Lampwork, Ebay.  Humm, how did those light lime green rondelles get in there?  Well, the original bracelet could use some color for this makeover.  

Then, I had another idea:  Pearls!  Color:  Dark gray to match the clasp.

Right angle weave using the rondelles as the embellishment.  Well the purple rondelles didn't pop out enough against the dark gray pearls. 

So I switched to light gray pearls, right angle weave, using the size 11 seed beads as embellishment. I ended up using the leftover rondelles and those light neon green rondelles to make the jump ring bracelet too.  Results:  


But I really like this one best of all.....


My apologies for the long post, but this challenge was fun, and I might sign up for #5!  Now I am going to hop around the blogs of the other participants (listed below).  Thanks Jeannie for a wonderful challenge!

Miranda Ackerley http://mirandack.com/
Renetha Stanziano http://lamplightcrafts.blogspot.com/