December 12, 2012

What to do with Free Beads?



Lesley Watt, The Gossiping Goddess, received a huge stash beads from a friend, Kaz Baildon, who just happened to be destashing.  After playing with the beads, Lesley decided to share the stash.  Ten lucky people will receive a bead or two or three.  If your name is chosen from the blog draw, you get free beads!  But what are good are free beads without a challenge?  The challenge is to make something from the beads you receive and post your creations.  My name was drawn and I received these lovely beads.

My favorite color combination.

 I made earrings with the wavy purple lampwork discs with the green center.  I decided to string chain through the disks to make some earrings with movement.  And boy do they swing.

The green lampwork bead seemed like a focal bead to me so I decided to make a simple slip-on silver chain (say that 10 times fast) necklace.  I added some lampies from Anne Miller, and some ceramic beads from Caroline of Blueberri Beads.  I love it!

Thank you Leslie for hosting a wonderful challenge, and for your awesome offering of beads.  Thanks to Kaz for passing the beads along to you.

Bead Giveaway & Blog Hop
Participants




Have I said that I love challenges lately?  Well I do!  

Renetha