October 22, 2013

Problem: Northridge Publishing Company (Bead Trends Magazine)


$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I was a long time reader of Bead Trends Magazine.  It was a publication filled with beautiful handmade jewelry and inspiration.  But now the not so beautiful side to Northridge Publishing Company.  Bead Trends last issue was for July.  I don't know about anyone else, but Northridge Publishing Company did not notify me that the magazine would no longer be published. I used my credit card to set up monthly transactions for the magazine.

Evidence of Bead Trends disappeared from all social media outlets.  So I went to the website and deleted my credit card information.  Charges continued to show up on my statement for August, September, and October.  If a charge shows up for November.......

I contacted Northridge Publishing Company several times via their chat room.  No response.  I sent two emails.  Finally today, I received an email from their customer service. Northridge Publication has a policy of no refunds for subscriptions.  Whoa, hang on a moment.  They said that I could have 3 back issues or a credit to use in their shop.  WTF? I already have the back issues in online form.  

This is theft.  They knowingly stole funds from me.  They failed to notify me, the customer, that the magazine was no longer available.  Therefore, the payments should have stopped.  That did not happen.  I sent them a response to their email that their cure was unacceptable.  They stole money. No telling how long this could have continued, if I didn't check my account statements.  I hope this didn't happen to anyone else.