March 14, 2017

2017 Bead Peeps Swap n' Hop: Getting Started!

My partner this year is Katy Heider author of onthepondcreations.blogspot.com blog.  Katy has made a few bead embroidery cuffs shibori ribbon that are just gorgeous.  Her other beaded creations are just as beautiful as well.  She sent me a wonderful selection of goodies to bead with including some shibori ribbon!  She even had enough leftover to make herself something with the same beads.  I am rather curious to see what we each make with the same materials.




Here is a pic of what she sent to me.  Shibori silk (Aria Design Studio, Etsy), lampwork discs (Taneres, Etsy), seed beads, fire polished rounds, and a clasp by BeadSwede (Etsy).  Isn't that rusty wine colored silk just divine?





The picture on the card was taken by Katy as well.

Now I am ready to get started on a design.  Cuff, pendant, earrings?  All will find out on April 8, 2017!




1 comment:

CraftyHope said...

Oh what fun goodies! I can't wait to see what you two create with these. Enjoy the process!