February 12, 2013

AJE Earring Challenge: Week 7/8



Week 7

Week 8
Art Jewelry Elements is hosting a wonderful earring challenge.  The challenge is to make a pair of earrings a week.

Week 7: I used some Vintaj patina on the bead caps in an attempt to match the beads. The bead caps almost look enameled.  I also added some Swarovski pearl dangles. I think it worked out great.  Marlene Cupo and Shelley Graham Turner host a group on Facebook called MarShellSwaps.  This group is for beaders who enjoy swaps, hops, and challenges.  I missed the first Holiday Bling swap, but happily signed up for the Holiday Bling II swap and hop!  I was partnered with Dyanne Everett-Cantrell, Dee-Liteful Jewelry Creations.  Now here is my bling from Dyanne.   As you can tell, I used her beads for the earrings.


I found out later that Dyanne made the beads!  They are a beautiful cranberry red and cream and look like they are porcelain.

Week 8:  Silver findings, black Swarovski pearl drop.  The art bead was made by Kelly Smith of the Miami Valley Lampwork Bead Artists group.  She specializes in making tiny lampwork beads.  Her lampwork is being featured at STASH (the best bead shop ever!) this month.

Also, stop by the AJE Earring Challenge Printrest board to see more earrings!

3 comments:

Prowess Web Solutions said...

Great design, it suits the bead beautifully. The 3rd one metal looking earnings is really beautiful.

pilgrim jewellery

Kumi at Malie Kai Designs said...

Ohh I have so many outfits that would match the black Week 8 earrings! Beautiful!

Kathy Lindemer said...

They are all beautiful, but I also like the 3rd pair the very best.